Island Wedding Guide and Fiji Information
Fiji Marriage Requirements - Fiji Wedding Planner
You will need to get married
- Original or certified copy of birth certificates
(with valid visitors permit)
- Decree Absolute documents (divorce
papers) if relevant
- Officially witnessed consent of your
father if you are under 21 (or mother if father is deceased)
- Death certificate of deceased former spouse
- To present yourself together at the Registry
Office when applying for the licence which can be obtained
within one working day. This
must be done in Fiji. Registry offices are in Suva and Lautoka,
while District Offices throughout Fiji also facilitate this.
- Registration offices are open between 9.00am
and 3.00pm Monday through Friday. Registration formalities take
about 15 minutes.
- The fee is FJD$22.00 and the license is valid
for 21 days.
- Confirmatory letter on current satus to be obtained
from marriage Registry where the applicant resides or statutory
by a Justice of Peace or Notary Public or Solicitor to prove
that he/she has not entered into a marriage before (this declaration
applies to first or second marriage).
- Applicants from Asian
Nationals who are named herein: Chinese/Phillipines/Pakistan/India)
are to apply one (1) month in advance for their marriage licence
Registrar of Births, Deaths & Marriages
PO Box 2236, Government Buildings
Registrar General's Office (Suva): 8.30am to 3.30pm Mon to Fri-
Phone: (679) 331-5280
Divisional Registrar Lautoka- 9.00am to 3.00pm Mon to Fri- Phone
Divisional Registrar Labasa- 9.00am to 3.00pm Mon to Fri- Phone
Getting Married in Fiji - Planning a Fiji Wedding Check List
6 - 12 Months
- Decide upon the number or guests etc. and make up a budget
- Decide upon your chosen hotel/resort and
check the availability of the venue
- Discuss with the wedding
co-ordinator of the chosen venue
- form of wedding service required; choice of minister, priest
or celebrant; and the style and/or colour theme for your wedding.
- Contact the people you would like as your
best man, groomsmen, bridal attendants, etc.
- Draw up a provisional
- Decide whether you wish to take a photographer/videographer
from home to record your wedding
- Begin the search for the
wedding gown. If you decide to have one made, choose the
designer or dressmaker
- Decide whether you want to have supplementary
flowers sourced from home - if so, choose a florist
whether you wish to have your honeymoon at a different hotel/resort
or on a cruise.
3 - 5 Months
- By now the wedding gown should be organised/purchased,
the style of the groom's suit chosen and the suit itself booked/purchased.
- Best man and groomsmen suits, attendant's
dresses etc. should be organised
- Finalise your guest list
- Choose/order invitations, write
and send them.
- Decide on accessories for wedding party
- Decide whether
you wish to bring a wedding cake from home - if so choose
1 -2 Months
- Have a trial hair and make-up session at home before you
leave for Fiji or liaise with your resort.
- Check the RSVPs
from guests and keep a list of numbers attending. As soon
as this number is finalised, give to your venue.
- Make sure
you have valid passports - if not, obtain them.
reception seating plan and place cards.
- Visit florist, if appropriate, to have detailing of flowers
- Reconfirm all arrangements, e.g. honeymoon, photographer,
car hire etc.
- Wear in your wedding shoes (both bride and
- Confirm with attendants, best man and mother of
the bride (or friends, etc.) things that need doing after
the wedding (e.g.
returning hired clothing, taking care of the bride's gown,
removing and storing wedding gifts, etc.) and decide who is
- Don't panic!
- Travel to Fiji at least 48 hours before the
wedding day and obtain your wedding licence
- Arrange for any
hire items to be collected
- Final checks on all arrangements
- Have a facial/massage/manicure/pedicure!
- If you're having
a Hen or Stag night, do it before you leave for Fiji
the preparation over, you can relax and count on having a
wonderful wedding in Fiji.!
Call our Fiji Vacation Specialists at - Global: 808.876-1570
top of the page